Hey there, business owners! Are you tired of struggling with outdated point-of-sale systems? I’ve got some exciting news for you. In today’s fast-paced world, finding the right POS system can make all the difference in growing your business. That’s why I’m excited to share my comprehensive Aloha POS review.
I’m Ellen, and my experience in payment processing has shown me the importance of a reliable and feature-packed POS system.
In this guide, I’ll walk you through Aloha POS, analyzing its features, user interface, customization options, and integration capabilities. Whether you’re a seasoned business owner or a new entrepreneur, this review will equip you to make an informed decision.
So, grab a cup of coffee and discover how Aloha POS can revolutionize your business. Let’s dive right in.
Aloha POS Summary
Overall, I highly recommend Aloha POS to business owners. It is a reimagined version of NCR’s Silver Pro Restaurant, packed with advanced features and improvements. With its user-friendly interface, versatile functionality, and powerful reporting capabilities, Aloha POS streamlines operations and enables informed decision-making. It also seamlessly integrates with third-party applications for added customization. It’s the go-to solution for reliable and efficient point-of-sale management.
Intuitive design that is easy to learn
Track inventory in real-time
Loyalty program integration
Boost customer retention
Valuable insights into sales data, employee performance, and other metrics.
Kitchen Display System (KDS)
Display order on screens in the kitchen
Integrate with apps like Grughub or DoorDash
4.6 / 5
Aloha POS Pros
Aloha POS Cons
Starts at $0/month
What are People Saying about Aloha POS?
Knowing what others have experienced is essential when considering a new point-of-sale system. Many business and restaurant owners have shared their thoughts on the Aloha POS system, providing valuable insights into its performance and usability.
NCR Aloha has 4.5 stars on Trustpilot, of which 80% are 5-star reviews.
Aloha is owned by NCR; NCR Corporation is not BBB accredited, and the Better Business Bureau has given it a D-. However, NCR has many divisions besides Aloha, including NCR Aloha Cloud. Therefore, we cannot determine the ratings for the Aloha system on the BBB and these ratings may not reflect the actual Aloha POS reviews.
What is Aloha POS?
The Aloha POS is a popular point-of-sale solution designed to streamline restaurant operations and enhance customer experiences in various industries, particularly the hospitality sector. With its robust characteristics and intuitive interface, Aloha POS has become a must-have for many businesses aiming to improve their payment processing capabilities.
Aloha POS offers a comprehensive suite of functionalities that cater to different business needs. These include:
- Sales tracking: Monitor real-time sales data, allowing you to make informed decisions on inventory management and pricing strategies.
- Inventory control: Keep track of stock levels with ease, ensuring you never run out of essential items or overstock on slow-moving products.
- Labor management: Manage employee schedules, monitor labor costs, and optimize staffing levels based on historical trends and forecasts.
- Cash management: Safeguard your cash flow by accurately tracking all transactions made through the system.
- Promotions & loyalty programs: Implement targeted marketing campaigns using customer data collected from the system while rewarding loyal patrons with personalized offers.
In addition to these core features, Aloha POS integrates seamlessly with third-party software such as accounting software (QuickBooks) and online ordering platforms (ChowNow). This flexibility allows businesses to create a tailored solution that meets their unique requirements without compromising efficiency or functionality. Overall, Aloha POS effectively allows business owners to manage payments securely, improve customer service, and optimize their operations.
There are 2 Aloha systems – Aloha Cloud and Aloha Essentials. Aloha Cloud is an android- and cloud-based point-of-sale that is great for independent and small restaurants with less complex operations. Aloha Essentials includes Aloha POS, a Windows-based POS that is great for restaurants with more robust needs.
The Aloha POS System is a comprehensive and user-friendly system that allows businesses to manage their point-of-sale operations efficiently. Its many features make it an ideal choice for any business looking to streamline their processes.
Who is Aloha POS for?
Aloha POS is tailored to a broad selection of industries and operations, particularly those in the hospitality industry. This includes:
- Restaurants: From small cafes to large fine dining restaurants, Aloha POS offers restaurant features that streamline order management, payment processing, and inventory tracking.
- Bars and Nightclubs: With age verification tools and drink recipe databases integrated into the system, Aloha POS ensures smooth operations in bars and nightclubs.
- Catering Services: The platform’s catering module allows businesses to manage events efficiently by organizing menus, guest lists, invoices, and more in one place.
- Festivals & Events: Temporary setups at festivals or special events can benefit from Aloha’s mobile ordering capabilities, allowing staff to take orders directly from customers using tablets or smartphones.
Aloha provides a wide range of features, making it an ideal selection for those seeking a comprehensive point-of-sale system that is effective in managing complex operations and user-friendly. Contact NCR for a personalized consultation to determine if this system aligns with your unique needs.
What benefits does Aloha POS provide?
Aloha POS provides a suite of features and advantages that can aid businesses in optimizing their operations, enhancing customer satisfaction, and increasing profits. Here are some key benefits:
The intuitive design allows employees to quickly learn the system, reducing training time and increasing efficiency.
Track inventory levels in real-time, helping you make informed decisions about purchasing and stock control. This feature also helps reduce waste by identifying items nearing expiration or overstocked products.
Loyalty program integration
Boost customer retention by integrating your existing loyalty program with Aloha POS or creating a new one using its built-in tools.
Access valuable insights into sales data, employee performance, and other vital metrics through customizable reports. These analytics can help identify areas for improvement or growth opportunities within your business.
Kitchen Display System (KDS)
Improve order accuracy and kitchen efficiency with this optional add-on that displays orders on screens in the kitchen area instead of relying on printed tickets. This reduces errors while saving paper costs at the same time.
In addition to these core features, Aloha POS supports integrations with third-party applications such as online ordering platforms like Grubhub or DoorDash. By leveraging these integrations and its robust set of native capabilities, businesses can create a seamless and efficient operation that meets the demands of today’s customers.
Aloha POS Pricing – How Much Does it Cost?
Understanding the Aloha POS cost is essential for business owners looking to invest in a reliable point-of-sale system. The pricing structure for Aloha POS includes both hardware and software costs, which can vary depending on your specific needs.
Both Aloha Cloud and Aloha Essentials restaurant POS systems have a monthly subscription that includes all of the software, hardware, payments, and other services.
The hardware components required for the Aloha POS system include card readers, terminals, cash drawers, printers, barcode scanners, and more. The hardware is included with both Aloha Cloud and Aloha Essentials subscriptions.
In addition to hardware costs, software fees are associated with using the Aloha system. Subscription plans for the POS software generally start at around $175 per month per terminal. They can increase based on additional modules or services such as inventory management or online ordering integration.
Aloha Cloud does have a Starter plan that starts at $0/month, but it is limited in that it does not include all of the features of the premium plan.
For an accurate estimate, it is advisable to contact NCR Corporation and speak with a sales rep about your business’s needs.
Aloha POS Alternatives
While the Aloha POS system offers many business benefits, it may not fit everyone perfectly. Here are some alternatives to consider if you’re looking for a different point-of-sale solution:
- Toast: Also a cloud- and Android-based POS system, Toast is a viable alternative to the Aloha POS system. Toast is an all-in-one platform with menu management, inventory tracking, and employee scheduling capabilities designed specifically for restaurants and bars.
- Square POS: A popular choice among small business owners due to its simplicity and affordability. Square’s free software can be used on mobile devices or with its proprietary hardware.
- Lightspeed Restaurant: This cloud-based system caters to full-service restaurants and quick-service establishments. It features tableside ordering capabilities along with robust reporting tools.
- Revel Systems: Known for its scalability and customization options, Revel is suitable for businesses of all sizes in various industries, such as retail and hospitality.
- Clover POS: An adaptable solution that works well across multiple business types, including retail stores, food trucks, and salons, Clover offers both countertop stations and portable devices, depending on your needs.
When evaluating these alternatives to Aloha POS or any other point-of-sale systems available today, consider factors like pricing, features, customer support, and compatibility with your existing business processes. You should pick a system that corresponds suitably with your particular necessities and desires.
Conclusion – Is Aloha POS Worth It?
Aloha POS is a powerful and versatile system that offers many benefits to businesses in the restaurant industry. Although there may be more cost-effective options, Aloha POS’s features, such as its reporting capabilities, customer support, and online ordering, make it a worthwhile investment for those seeking to increase efficiency and enhance their customers’ experience.